Tuesday, August 24, 2010

14 days and still counting!

I don't think that there is anytime that I can really say that I am comfortable right now. I am stuck between Braxton Hicks and the really thing at the moment. Both are very painful. My belly feels like a moving medicine ball. My goal is to hold them in for the next 14 days at least. Friends are making bets on when these guys will come. I am sitting here wondering if my water is going to break at any moment. There is a lot of things that go through your mind. Even though we have everything for the boys you still find your self wondering what else do we need. Now Mike and I are just at the time where we want them to come so that we can hold them play with them. We both are tired of the pregnancy stuff. It wears on you when you call your doctor for a simple solution to a problem and it ends up being a day or 2 in the hospital. This is definatly the biggest that I have ever been with any pregnancy. I am up to 160lbs and still have a few days to go. I will lose 30lbs when they are born instantly. So that will put me at 5lbs over what I was to begin with before I got pregnant. With a C-section you can't eat much right after birth so I am thinking that the extra 5 lbs won't last. And I am wondering how much of it is my legs as well. I am attempting breast feeding so that will be fun. I never did it before because of the people I hung around with. They made me feel like it was a dirty thing. Like I was getting some sexual pleasure off of it. So now that I have changed my environment and surrounded myself with educated people and a support group. I am going to give it a try. Plus it lowers a lot of risk that they can have that is hereditary. It was recommended by my doctor to breast feed plus the hospital would have made me do it while they were in there to help with the immune system. I hear that it is a great bonding experience as well. We are going to do both though bottle feed and breast feed. I will breast feed during the night and bottle feed during the day. I never knew that this was an option, but I am going to try and do it til the boys get to be at least 3 to 6 months old. I am looking forward to seeing my boys so badly. I get to see them once a week on the tv when we do the sonograms. Even though I am caring them inside I want to see them outside.

You become impatient and tired when you don't feel well. I have taken 7 warm baths in the last 3 days. This provides 10 minutes of relief. Headaches hit you fast. One thing I am thankful for is no real PICA this pregnancy. I crave ice but that could be the 107 temps outside. PICA is a sign of problems with the baby. This I didn't know. My eating has cut back but I think that it is because there is no more room. We went out for buffet and for the first time I was the last one to finish. Mike made a comment about eating my 6000 calories in one meal. But now I can eat only small things all through out the day. Makes it hard when you have to time medications around when you eat. And I have to eat every 2 hours or I can have some serious problems. Well Mike is on his way home from work so I am going to call it a day jump into a warm bath and eat something for dinner. And just hope that I can make it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment